Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Texas Holdem Rules

I was wondering about what the standards are when 2 (or more) players agree to check down a hand when a player in the hand is all-in. I always perceived it as a form of collusion when two players make openly make such an agreement before the action takes place. Am I correct? Or should I just let this thing go?

I'm by no means a poker rules expert, but I've always considered this to be a form of collusion. It definitely cheapens the game and is unfair to the third player that is all-in, in my opinion. I also believe it's against the official poker rules if I'm not mistaken, but don't quote me on that. I'd speak up about it, especially if I were involved in the hand.

This is correct - it is collusion WHEN there is an open agreement as you are describing. Most situations though involve more experienced players who know enough to keep their mouths shut and THEN check it down - which is perfectly legal, although always suspected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free online poker statistic calculator available at http://www.pokerprobability.net Full javascript tool for enhancing your playing style.

Online Poker said...

Online texas holdem is one of the largest and most profitable games on the internet and with the right strategy you will be able to profit tremendously