Monday, March 10, 2008

making the right read

From JP in the forum:

While it wasn't hard to SEE the maniac playing stupid, his stats were VP71, PFR29, AF2.3, 36sd 60W$sd So not only is he insane, he's lucky.
I used his aggression right before this to milk him and took half his stack
with KK, flop Krags and two hearts, I looked at his stats and knew he woud try and take it so I checked, he bet and I slo called, turn is a blank and for value I bet 1/3 my stack which is about 1/4 the pot and tru to form he shoves. He had 79h, paired the 9 on the turn and has 4 to a flush, no heart on river, whew!

Then this flop hits and he min bets, I looked again at the stats to confirm it was this maniac player from my King set and it was. I'm holding QT and I fold. For him to minbet when he was such a maniac on everything else it was real obvious to me what he had. Had I stayed, the turn gave me a boat and I give him back his chips. Instead I used the player profiling info in Tournament Indicator and observation skills to A)milk a big chunk from him and B)save from giving any of it back.

No comments: