Saturday, February 16, 2008

New User of Tournament Poker Calculator

Here is a few words from a new user of the only poker calculator designed for use in tournaments, called Tournament Indicator. It combines MZone calculations and profiling indicators along with a few features adapted for rising blinds and depleting stacks.

"Wow, what a tear I have been on using the trial version. I am here to sing the praises of this SW.

I just started playing again in January after a year off, retiring and moving so not enough time to settle down and play. For the month of January, I was about 42% ITM in 9 player S&G on PS, and about 20% on the multi tables.

I played 15 tourneys so far with the TI trial version.

12 5+0.5 S&Gs: ITM 11/12. 5 first place, 1 second place, 5 3rd place, 1 9th place. Had a streak of 8 in a row ITM.

Played 3 4+0.4 180 player tourneys. ITM 2/3. 1 40th place, 1 14th place, and 1 8th place.

I have never had a streak like this, do not expect it to continue of course at this rate, but I do believe that this SW really tuned me up so I did not lose track of my Mzone number as easily. I will not be surprised if I can maintain above 50% ITM on the 1 tables, and above 20% on the multis. Also, the ability to look at the win and pot odds graphically has really helped. If I look back at earlier critical losses they often occurred when I was being too aggressive for my Mzone level, or not being aggressive enough. I was aware of what I needed to do, but would lose track of where I was at. Simply having the meter there tuned me up and made me make better decisions for the situation. I had been using PT and so was always tracking stats on the other players, but I find the Tournament Indicator software to be much more stable and more responsive than the combination of PT and a heads up display.

I played the 25th and 26th on my desktop, and the 29th and 30th on my laptop. The program performed very well on both boxes.

I am of course purchasing the SW. What fun.

Congratulations to whatever genius put this together."

No comments: