Friday, June 09, 2006

Poker-Spy Calculator Shows me My Top 5 Earning Hands

I was playing around with those massive looking reports that Poker-Spy outputs for you. I have about 2500 hands in the history, virtually all of them on tournament play at Party Poker and Paradise Poker. There is a hand analysis feature where you can look at each and every hand you played, and it it groups them together to show you if you are playing them right, wrong or not at all. I clicked on the amounts tab and it reorganized the hands by money (chips) earned rather than hand rank. There were some surprises.

The most profitable hand for me is ATos with a hand rank of 44 in the group 6
Slansky chart. Wow. A distant second was AA rank 1, group 1. KQs with a rank of 9 in group 2, is just a sliver behind AA! Here is another shocker - 88 is my 4th best earner! Hand rank is 19 in group 4. Rounding out my top 5 is everybody's most dreaded JJ. I must be doing something right with that hand. With this kind of information, you can see how poker-spy would help those willing to be analytical with their game. What I have mentioned here is just the tip of the iceberg in regards to the reports available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use poker-spy too for the very same thing. As with me, AT is my best hand by far! I was shocked. Actually though for tournaments I pay more attention to what Holdem Pirate is telling me about the table. I like it better.

James - Philly, PA