Friday, June 20, 2008

calculating a Push strategy from Orange MZone

From gadget in the forum:

I don't know if it's good poker math or strategically correct to do so, but I usually push before I'm red mzone. I will wait under certain conditions, but rarely, I want it to hurt as I've mentioned before, so I'm pushing around 12 down to 9 M. Most times I'm only red from embarrassment at not taking my chance earlier and I'm only grey after a stroke.
I agree about Ax though, event hough I don't like it, sometimes it's just the way it goes and from the cut-off onwards it's auto-push.

Has anyone any thoughts about my earlier than 'standard' pushing strategy?
My plan is to get back in with a chance of winning the game or get myself out. My cards become immaterial and I could put my hand over the screen if I wanted to - and sometimes wished I had!. I have found I can steal 2 or 3 times without resistance sometimes. The table dynamic is important here of course; no good doing it on a table of nutters and noobs; and position and previous action, etc etc.

Another thing is that later on players are watching and expect a push from the shorties, so pushing a bit earlier gives them more of a decision, as it reps a bigger hand from a previously tight player. There's lot's more to it of course, but it's been working well for me, especially NTM or just before. However, this is only over a few months, so I'm not stuck to it and of course results are not the point.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hopefull you check this sometime down the road but I think as long as you stay 4 M ahead of each blind phase then you're usually okay.. basically this means steal the BB and SB every 2.6 rounds to stay even